National Sign & Signal offers an innovative line of access control and vehicle barricade products and systems designed to protect critical infrastructure and pedestrians from distracted drivers and vehicular attacks.
Sadly, vehicles are becoming a weapon of choice for terrorists. In the last two years alone, major vehicular attacks have taken hundreds of lives and injured thousands in Nice, Vienna, Ohio, Berlin, London, Antwerp, Stockholm, Paris, Barcelona, Edmonton, and New York. National Sign & Signal’s retractable vehicle barriers were developed to address the need for intelligent area denial, perimeter security and traffic control applications. The Model 400 barriers are K12- and PAS 68-rated and are certified by governments in the United States and the United Kingdom to stop a 15,000 lb. vehicle traveling at 50 mph.
National Sign is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer and sells in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico.
National Sign’s retractable vehicle barriers were developed to address the need for intelligent area denial, perimeter security and traffic control applications. The Model 400 barriers are K12- and PAS 68-rated and are certified by governments in the United States and the United Kingdom to stop a 15,000 lb. vehicle traveling at 50 mph. The barriers deploy fully in less than 6 seconds in normal operation mode, and in less than 2 seconds in emergency operation mode. IPS Model 400 barriers are self-contained, eliminating the need for a central hydraulic pump station or underground lines. Each barrier has an independent Parker Hannifin hydraulic power system and all electromechanical components are housed directly next to each barrier, providing environmental protection and ease of access for maintenance or replacement. Model 400 barrier systems can be operated locally using a panel or keypad, or remotely using high-speed Ethernet radio or satellite communication. Remote monitoring of the system is possible through a secure web-enabled interface.
National Sign’s Model 100 retractable traffic control barriers are a safe and easy way to control or redirect traffic, particularly in situations where repetitive changes in lane usage or traffic flow patterns are required. IPS delineators eliminate crew exposure to hazardous situations during traffic flow changes by eliminating the need for workers to place pylons, drums or vertical panels. The delineators also have valuable security applications, including providing management or control of traffic around secure facilities (e.g., serpentine lanes), or as protection devices at railroad crossings. Additional applications include traffic flow management at toll collection lanes, weigh stations, parking lots, tunnel and bridge entrances, HOV lanes and reversible lanes. The delineators are flexible, but highly durable pylons designed to withstand repeated vehicle impacts. The barriers are housed in self-contained cartridges recessed in the ground and can be easily raised or lowered as needed. Each barrier can be individually controlled or controlled as part of an array of delineators that takes commands from a central control unit.
All IPS security barriers are shipped in a pre-fabricated, steel foundation, significantly reducing on-site installation requirements and cost. Additionally, the barriers operate on low power (24v) and each barrier has its own independent battery back-up system in case of power outages.
National Sign and Signal has recently developed a proprietary vehicle flow control safety system designed to detect and deter vehicles attempting to enter a highway, one-way street or railroad crossing from the wrong direction or at a restricted time. Utilizing state-of-the-art intelligent Video Content Analysis (VCA) software and traffic control equipment, VADS identifies and tracks misdirected traffic in real-time, immediately generating visual and audio alerts when user-defined traffic flow rules are violated. VADS can be easily installed and operated at any exit ramp, intersection or railroad crossing, including remote areas where electricity is not accessible.
• Easy point-and-click system applies user-driven security rules and requirements, alerting drivers and authorities when a vehicle enters a roadway from the wrong direction or a railroad crossing at a restricted time
• Video and audio alerts provide drivers with time-critical warnings to indicate that they have created an unsafe driving condition
• Alerts include:
• Flashing LED strobe lights
• Internally illuminated case signs
• LED or fiber-optic B/O signs
• Siren and horn signals
• Optional retractable polymeric barriers can be added to VADS as a safe and easy way to stop and/or redirect misdirected vehicles
• Alerts are broadcast instantly and automatically utilizing high-speed Ethernet radio, cellular or satellite communication to notify local and/or state police or authorities of a potential safety breach
• 24/7 Video Content Analysis (VCA) software utilizes high-resolution MPEG-4 full-motion digital video cameras that monitor the vehicle flow on a specific roadway or railroad crossing
• Powered by a 24-volt system that can be charged using standard 110VAC or solar power
• Seamless integration with existing safety or travel alert infrastructure
• Simple, cost-effective installation